Home Remedies-Remove Skin Tags Naturally & Painlessly
Skin tags are flesh colored or small brownish skin outgrowths. They generally stick out of the skin in the form of stalks or peduncles. They can be of diverse sizes. Initially they come into view as small pinhead bumps. Some steadily increase in size. The size of a skin tag ranges from 2 mm to 1 cm in diameter or even as big as 5 cm in diameter. When bunches of collagen fibers and blood vessels get locked up within thicker bits of skin, the result is skin tag. In other words, it is collected of bunches of fibers, ducts, nerve cells, fat cells and a layer of epidermis or outer skin encapsulating all these. It habitually come in mid-life and is non-contagious, harmless, and benign in nature.
Skin Tags Related Articles
Obesity, heredity, pregnancy and hormonal imbalance, illegal steroid use, the attack of human papilloma virus are factors that may lead to an arrangement of skin tags. The surface of a skin tag is habitually irregular, soft and fleshy. Some refer to it by the names of skin tabs or barnacles. Besides, it, in medical terminology, is also known by a broad range of names like acrochordon, cutaneous papillpma, cutaneous tag, templeton skin etc. Both males as well as females are uniformly susceptible to skin tags. It is otherwise painless, but may cause pain or discomfort when they get twisted, rubbed or snagged by clothing, jewelry, seat belts etc. It is believed that when a part of skin gets rubbed against another skin surface, tags are formed. Therefore it habitually occurs in the creases and folds of body. The possible areas where it may occur are as follows
- Upper chest
- Under the breasts
- Buttock folds
- One may use heat compress on the skin tag for about 30 minutes, and then wipe the tag with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar for about 15 minutes. This treatment should be repeated regularly until the tag falls off.
- Fresh slice of potato may be tied to the skin tag with the assist of an adhesive bandage. The tag will blacken and fall off.
- A solution of aspirin and water is very effectual in treating this problem. It reduces the size of the tag and finally causes it to evaporate.
- Application of a blend of baking soda and water is an admirable home remedy.
- A paste made out of baking soda and castor oil is also a helpful cure.
- Tea tree oil is wealthy in anti-bacterial properties, and may be applied on the skin with a cotton plug 2-3 times a day. This treatment will take away the tag.
- Tying of a dental floss at the base or stalk of a skin tag, shuts down the blood supply to the tag and causes it to get withered and fall off.
- Juice of figs is an effectual home remedy for this problem. It has to be used for 2 weeks at a stretch.
- Crushed or mashed garlic clove may be placed on the skin tag and attached with the assistance of band-aid and kept overnight. This is very useful remedy for tag removal from skin.
- Aloe Vera extracts are very first-rate for treating this problem.
- A scrapped stem of dandelion may be rubbed against the skin tags regularly. This will cause the tags to disappear in 3-4 weeks.
- Juice of cauliflower is a high-quality therapy for the removal of tags.
- Grape fruit seed extracts if applied on the tags daily, will reason them to vanish within few weeks.