Depression is a condition that can strike at any time of life. It is one of the leading mental disorders that affect many people world over. Most of the times cases related to depression go undiagnosed or the person under depression suffers in silence. There is no age or gender that is specifically associated with depression and it is also regardless of class or culture. However, more than often teenagers are affected by it. There are two kinds of depression; one is situational depression that is related to reaction to events that become trigger point towards breeding negativity in mind. Another kind of depression is clinical or endogenous depression that is unrelated to outer circumstances and occurs from within an individual.
Credit goes to flickr guilherme jofili
Following are the symptoms of depression:
- Loss of interest in any activity
- Either sleeping too much or too little
- Loss of focus and concentration
- Lack of energy
- Showing hopelessness and being frequently anxious
Even though there are numerous medications that one is required to take for reducing depression, however, these are not devoid of any side effects. So, the best that you can opt for are natural remedies. Let us begin to outline some of the natural remedies for countering depression.
- Taking regular exercise is good for mental health. Indulging in 30 minutes of daily physical activity boosts feel-good hormone and helps elevate your mood.
- Ensure that your prescription drugs are up to date. At the same time, you need to regularly check with the doctor that you are not hooked on to drugs or sleeping pills. Be cautious of using any recreational drugs or any intoxicant that only gives temporary relief, as it is bad in the long run.
- Cut down on your caffeine addiction as it will adversely impact your condition raising depression levels.
- Seek a grief counselor or a psychotherapist to help you deal with negative emotions.
- Look out for anti-depressant medications that are prescribed by your physician and be regular on it.
Now you need to realize that depression causes a nutritional deficiency in the body and brings down the immunity level too, following are some of the natural anti-depressants that you can benefit from:
- Ensure your regular intake of Vitamins like B and B6 these act as natural anti-depressants.
- Taking regular doses of fish oil whether in capsule form or other form helps in supplementing you with essential Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps maintain a healthy mind and is good for keeping the levels of brain up for practical functioning.
- A balanced diet that supplements you with antioxidants, multi-vitamins, essential minerals. At the same time avoid having junk food or comfort food like fried food, fast food, too much salty food or sugar food, this is your body’s way of saying it needs to be supplemented with nutritional needs.
- Take more fresh fruit juices, homemade soups and focus on taking more fibrous food as often the digestive system goes awry due to unmet emotional needs.
- Regular consumption of Aloe juice helps in keeping up your immunity levels and helps you stay fit.
These are natural remedies that can be discussed with your physician prior to inclusion of these in your daily routine or diet regime. Talk to your doctor to make the best use of these remedies and to supplement your body effectively to help you keep up your immunity level.