Hair fall is one of the common concerns people are having these days. People are visiting dermatologist more for hair loss from past 3 years. In order to understand the problems of hair like hair fall and dull hair, we should first understand the hair growth cycle. The hair growth cycle consists of three distinct stages – growth, resting and shedding.
The hair growth gets disturbed due to various factors like lifestyle, unhealthy diet, stress etc. It gets even worse in monsoon. Lots of people complain about dry, dull, brittle and fuzzy hairs during monsoon. Many complain a lot of hair fall etc. It happens because of moisture in the air and our hair absorbs all and stays wet and end up with shedding.
So what we can do to reduce hair loss-
- Oiling: Oil is your hair best friend but don’t overdo it. Use 2 tablespoons of oil on medium length hair. Heat the oil, gently massage your scalp and wrap a hot towel around your head for 15-20 min. And wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This will help you get long and healthy hair. And you can use oil of your choice like coconut, almond or any other oil you like.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Use this magical herb once a week on your hair and your hair will shine like never before and if you have extremely fuzzy hair you can use store bought aloe vera gel to tame those stands. It keeps your hair in place almost like any other gel without doing any harm to your precious hair but it’s not as effective as chemical based gels and those chemicals are harmful too.
- Essential oils: Now most people won’t tell you how amazing these (lavender and rosemary) essential oils are, but these are just fantastic. Add a few drops of these to anything you apply on your hair let it be oil, aloe vera, hair mask, add a few drops and these do wonder to your hair and you’re your hair smell so good. It multiplies the benefits of whatever you use on your hair.
- Banana: It is no secret. Everyone knows. Banana hair packs are amazing. They contain almost all essential nutrients your hair requires. To make it take one banana, mash it, add one tablespoon of honey, coconut oil, egg (optional), and essential oil and apply it on your hair for one hour and wash your hair. It not only prevents hair fall but adds volume and shine to hair. Your hair gets a new life.
- Potato: Now this might come as shock for lots of you but it can do wonders to hair. It makes your roots stronger and helps in getting new hair faster. Peel and grate 1-2 potatoes and squeeze the juice out of it, add some coconut oil, vitamin E capsule and some essential oil and apply it on your scalp and you can wash your hair in half an hour or just keep it overnight and wash your hair.
- Onion: This stinky fruit is beneficial for your hair in so many ways that you can’t even imagine. It stops hair fall, fights fungal infections, reduces dandruff, grows new hair, stimulates hair growth and so on. All you need to do is: Grate 2 onions, squeeze out as much juice you can and add some curd to reduce its smell, apply it on your scalp as long as you can and wash your hair with a mild shampoo. And apply some essential oil to your hair not because they are good for your hair but because they smell heavenly. They might help you cope with your smelly amazing new buddy. It’s the cost you pay for those amazing hair. Repeat it as often as you can and you will get your dream hair.
- Vinegar: In case you have itchy scalp there are chances you have fungal infections so vinegar comes to your rescue. Pour some vinegar on your hair after you wash them and rinse it after 10 min. Don’t do it too often.
- Baking soda: Wash your hair once in a while with a handful of baking soda and give your shampoo a miss. This will keep your scalp clean and healthy.
- Vitamins: If you’re diet lack some nutrients then please get it checked and get food that contains all those nutrients or switch to vitamin E capsules, or folic acid capsules as required.
- Eat right, sleep right, and exercise: Everyone knows this thing is the mantra of healthy life and healthy hair.
Here are some don’t for healthy hair–
- Don’t comb wet hair it leads to breakage.
- It is good to avoid towel on your hair, use an old t-shirt.
- Don’t towel dry your hair rigorously after all those are your hair.
- Avoid heating tools on your hair even hair drier.
- Use products with SPF as the sun do harm our hair as well.
Love your hair, love yourself, eat healthy, eat right and take care of yourself and your loved ones and if you still find anything unusual about your hair please don’t hesitate to consult your dermatologist or you may post your query in comments below.
Keep writing and please share and subscribe this blog for more health, beauty and parenting tips.