The way we take care of our skin and other parts of the body, our hair also needs similar care. Hair growth depends on our nutritional factors. On the other hand, it is true and perfectly normal to lose up to 100 hairs daily. But some lose a lot of (more than 100) hair daily due to various medical conditions. There are many medicines available to treat this condition but all these come with many side effects, so this is recommended that one should go for natural with no side effect remedies in place of harmful medicines.
Indian spices are known for its medicinal value and some of them has shown amazing results in curing many diseases naturally and without any side effect. Fenugreek seeds also known as the Methi seeds in India helps in fighting many problems of human body and it is also the best solution for treating the hair loss too. Fenugreek seeds are used to solve a variety of hair problems such as baldness, dry hair, hair fall, etc.
The fenugreek seeds are used in different ways to prevent hair loss. It can be consumed by soaking in water. There are different kinds of hair packs made using the fenugreek seeds to treat the hair loss. Fenugreek seed is a spice that is used in all households and it is a common one. It is used in a variety of dishes.
Helpful nutrients from Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a powerhouse of various nutrients which plays a key role in preventing hair loss. It contains,
- Proteins – It helps in preventing the baldness and more loss of hair
- Vitamin C – boosts the immunity, as low levels cause hair fall.
- Iron – Good for blood vessels.
- Nicotinic acid – One of the main source as it promotes hair growth
- Potassium – Prevents premature grey hair
- Lecithin – Helps in treating sensitive scalp condition.
Here are a few different way of using the fenugreek seeds depending on the kind of hair loss you have. Please note if the hair loss is related to any medical condition specifically, then the best solution is treating the root cause, that is the medical condition which helps to reduce the hair fall.
- Fenugreek seeds for hair damage control: Pollution is one of the main reasons for causing damage to our hair. The dirt and smoke in the air cause split which results in hair fall as well. Soak a teaspoonful of fenugreek seeds till it is soft and make a paste with coconut milk. Apply the paste to your hair and scalp. Rinse it after 30 minutes. This makes your hair healthy and shiny.
- Controlling hair fall: Fenugreek seeds mixed with aloe vera gel are an excellent combination to prevent hair loss. Soak 3-5 spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight. The next day morning makes a paste of it. Keep aloe vera leaves handy and cut the leaves in the middle. The gel that is obtained from the middle of the leaves when cut should be mixed with the fenugreek seeds paste. Apply the paste all over the scalp and hair. Rinse it after 30 minutes.
- Fenugreek seeds pack for hair growth: Baldness due to various reasons is a common thing that we see in thousands of people. However, most of the conditions can be cured. Fenugreek seeds and onions together make an excellent hair pack for hair growth. Fresh onion juice is good for hair growth. Soak fenugreek seeds until it is soft and make a paste with consistent water. Squeeze out half an onion and mix the juice to the fenugreek paste. Apply the mixture to the bald patches and wherever the layer of hair is thin. Rinse after 30 minutes. Repeat it every day for best results.
Fenugreek seeds have many other benefits and its paste is mixed with other oils that are usually used for medicinal purposes. It is best to remember that the results are not expected overnight and it takes time to work.