Healthy Detox Water Recipes for Weight Loss
This is second article in the “Detox Water for Weight Loss” series; you can read first part here:
- Blueberry Orange Water – The calcium, magnesium and vitamin K in blueberries all contribute to building and maintaining bore structure. Vitamin K prevents bone fracture and reduces calcium loss. Blueberries also help in fighting wrinkles and improve digestion. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C, vitamin B and vitamin A. They are also a good source of dietary fiber.
- Take 6 -7 cups of water
- Add handful of blueberries
- Cut two oranges in chunks
- Muddle the blueberries
- Let the mixture settle down in refrigerator for couple of hours.
- Detox water is ready
- Raspberry, Mint and Lime Water – Raspberries are a storehouse of antioxidants. It contains Vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid that are known to fight against cancer and heart diseases. It also prevents age related decline and show anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take ½ gallon of water in a pitcher
- Add handful of raspberries
- Add 2 tablespoon of mint leaves that will enhance its taste.
- Also add half lemon in the pitcher
- Muddle the raspberries and lemon for more flavour
- Keep it in refrigerator and drink daily
- Mango Ginger Water – Love mangoes but still have to avoid it? Well, no more! I will tell you a good reason to consume it. It prevents Cancer. It is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and fiber that helps you lover cholesterol. Vitamin A present in mangoes helps to improve eye health.
- Take a cup of sliced mangoes
- Add it in ½ gallon of water
- Cut an inch of ginger in 3-4 slices and add it in the mixture
- Let the mixture settle in the refrigerator for two for better taste
- Add ice before drinking
- Blackberry Peach Water – Blackberries are great antioxidant and are rich in bioflavonoids and vitamin C. Peaches are low in calories and fight against diabetes, cancer and heart diseases. They contain variety of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and dietary fiber.
- Make syrup by mixing 1 cup sugar to 5 cups of water (Skip this step if you want to avoid sugar intake but it will be less tasty)
- Add 1 cup of blueberries
- Slice 2-3 peaches before adding it to the mixture
- Muddle the berries for more flavour
- Keep it in fridge and enjoy this detox water all day
- Watermelon and Mint Water – Water melon is 92% water and each bite is soaked with nutrients. It contains significant amount of vitamin C, vitamin B6 and vitamin A. It not only helps to lose weight but also moisturises your skin and hair. It also has lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids.
- Take 6-7 cups of water in a pitcher
- Add 1 cup of cubed water melon
- Also add 2 tablespoon of mint leaves
- Mix well
- Keep it in fridge to cool the mixture
- Enjoy the beverage all day