Come winters as well as all you see are dazzling cardigans, lots of the conversations over coffee, the long cycle rides, and loads of the BBQ parties, coffee dates as well as more. But winter season also brings along with it chapped lips. Despite the fact that one has to put in a little extra effort, there are a small number of home remedies that will assist you to tackle with the chapped lips and cheeks making your moist lips shine bright as well as strong all through the winter.
Before talking about cure there are some precautions that you can take:
- Keep yourself hydrated enough: If your skin is hydrated you will not face chapped lips and cheeks problem.
- Vitamin C: Take daily dose of vitamin C either in the form of lemon or any other citrus fruit or in the form of Amla (Indian gooseberry) or you can take supplements too. Vitamin C is helpful to keep you healthy in winter season.
Some home remedies for cure:
- Honey: One of the most excellent as well as the safest home remedies for the chapped lips is honey. Try to apply a little amount of honey on your lips prior to going to bed as well as massage it a little. Apart from the chapped lips honey is helpful to heal up the dark lips caused by the sunrays as well as excess smoking.
- The Green tea bags: One safest option to heal up the chapped lips and cheeks is by utilizing the green tea bags. Try to take a used green tea bag as well as press it against your lips and cheeks for about 3-5 minutes, and leave it for a while. Try this for three to four times in a week and along with curing your chapped lips it will also boost the moisture of your lips.
- Sugar scrub:One more safe option to exfoliate your lips and cheeks to remove the dead skin is by scrubbing it with sugar. Add ½ teaspoon of sugar as well as two drops of olive oil to it; mix it well. Now take a little brush that has spongy bristles. Gently rub your lips with the mixture with the assist of the brush, for about 3-5 minutes. Then wash it off with the water. Wipe it off gently as well as apply a good quality lip balm.
- Ghee:Ghee is evenly as effective as honey. Apply a few drops of ghee on your lips before going to bed. In the morning wash it off gently as well as pat dry. This will clear off the dead cells as well as will give you soft supple lips and cheeks.
- Cucumber:Cucumber juice is one more great home remedy for chapped dry lip and cheeks. Take a cucumber, peel it as well as crush it well. Now apply the juice of the crushed cucumber on your lips and cheeks and leave it on for at least 20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water as well as pat dry. You can observe the difference starkly if you repeat this therapy all day.
- Lemon Juice: The right amount of lemon juice will not keep your lips and cheeks soft but gives it sufficient moisturizer leaving them smoother as well as softer for a longer time. Take a little bowl as well as mix one teaspoon of milk cream along with the three drops of lemon juice and chill it by placing it in the refrigerator for an hour. Later, apply it on as well as around the lips prior to going to bed. Repeat this process every day for the finest results.
- Rose water mixed with glycerin: One more potent mix for dry lips and cheeks is the rose water as well as glycerin. In a little bowl take a tablespoon of glycerin as well as add a little rose water. You might take equal quantities of both. Mix it well. Now apply it on your lips prior to going to bed. The next morning wash it off with the normal water.