Are Grapes Good or Bad For Constipation
It is said that “we should take care of our body, as it’s the only place where you live.” Taking care has a simple explanation that, take the best diet that suits your body. Our planet generates the largest variety of fruits and vegetables; they have different nutrients for our different organs, diseases, ages etc.
Although, there is no fruit which is not suitable for human being to the minimum extent, but, fruits have both the good and the bad effects which may include allergies, sensitivity, constipation and aches.
Here, we will talk about grapes and its effects on digestive system. Grapes have different varieties like red, green and purple grapes that are grown approximately 72 million tons every year worldwide. Its richness of minerals, vitamins, flavanoids, and flavor makes it a favorite fruit for all.
Constipation is simply connected to the uneasy bowel movements. Constipation occurs when there is lack of correct digestion. Many kinds of food either take time to digest or do not get digested and cause constipation. It is a truth that fruits have high fiber contents to relieve from constipation. Grapes are one of them. However, it’s normal to have allergies from any fruit, which does not doubt the nutritional abundance in the fruit.
Image Credit Flickr By Tribp
We can consider some facts about grapes, which say that grapes are certainly good for constipation:
- Grapes have fiber composed of insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber leads to healthy stools formation.
- Grapes have fewer calories, which makes them suitable for a cholesterol free digestion.
- Grapes are properly absorbed by the digestive system.
- Loose stools cause loss of water from the body to higher extent; grapes can help in replacing the insufficiency of water.
- Grapes contain organic acid, sugar and cellulose. It can relieve from chronic constipation problems also.
- Dried grapes which are also called raisins, helps in treating several ailments including constipation.
- The grape seeds have a microbial ingredient which helps in fighting the microbial causing diarrhea.
- Though, grapes cannot be use to regulate your system, if suffering from severe diarrhea, but, they do tone up intestinal muscles and the stomach giving support to digestion.
- Grapes prove essential for dyspepsia. It is considered as a ‘Light food’, removing irritation in stomach.
- Grape juice is a good remedy for excretion of stool, acting as a digestive aid.
- It is recommended to take approximately 350 gm of grapes daily to avoid any uneasiness from stomach.
- Soak raisins for 24-48 hours and drink its water in the morning and eat the raisins, empty stomach.
There is no doubt that grapes cannot lead to constipation, but few experts say that the fructose content in grapes can lead to causing gas. Still, this situation may occur only if consumption of grapes is much higher than normal.
If constipation is extremely painful and shows fatal complication, seek expert advice. In some instances, bowel becomes insensitive towards the fruits that were otherwise nicely digested. Suddenly, some fruits may become different to digest. But, it is not a matter to point a finger towards the fruits; it’s only the time to make sure about your other food schedule and menu that may have brought the sudden uneasiness with the stomach.